I did a Triathlon, or should I say Duel-athlon.
This has been a goal of mine for over a year now. But it doesn't really count, and I will explain why. Triathlons are swim, bike, run, and they are always in that order. Well, I did run, bike, run. The reservoir that we were supposed to swim in didn't get enough water. So to many of the racers dismay, the swimming portion was replaced with a run; and i will be the first to say, I am not a runner! I am a swimmer. So by taking away the swim they took away my advantage.
The race turned out to be 2mile run, 13mile bike, 3.1mile run.
This is my friend Stef, she did the race with me. She did amazing.
And we're off! The bike was by-far my favorite part. I actually passed people on the bike.
I am crossing the finish line. Yeah! Notice that I forgot to put my Knee brace back on after the Bike. I thought I was going to die. Preston is my hero. He stood around for 2hr with Kellen on his back so he could take pictures of me. I love you so much.
I had so much fun racing and will defiantly do another one. I could have never done it with out the support of my loving husband, Preston.
6 comments:
That's so awesome! Congrats! I think it's a great goal in mind to do a Triathalon. And too bad there was no swimming but that would have worked out for me since I'm not the strongest swimmer. I wanted to run a 5k before I got preggo but that didn't work out so I'm working on that goal again before we have a 2nd kid. Congrats!
That's awesome Terri. My roommates in college did triathlons all the time and I always wanted to do it with them but never found enough time to train while I was working and going to school full time. Not to mention I'm a terrible swimmer. I've gotten better over the last few years as I try to swim at the gym as often as I can. I will do a triathlon one of these days. Maybe you can plan a trip down to Mesa to see Preston's fam and we'll do one together.
Yay for Terri! I'm so proud of you! I'm still trying to run a mile and thats killing me. Still having problems getting into shape. But My goal is to do a half marathon by the end of the year. I've already started to push my self into training. And good thing I can go as slow as I want! I should try a Triathalon. I love to bike and swim too. hmmm.... I'll have to look into that. Your an inspiration for me to get in shape!
Hi Terri! I was excited to find your blog through Shelley's!! How are you. Your little boy is soo cute!
That is great! We admire you. You look awesome. Keep it up. :)
You rock my world! You are amazing. Way to go!
Post a Comment