Preston and I have been riding our bikes a lot instead of taking the car. We live in a small enough city that we can get to just about anything with out going to far. Yesterday was the first time I put gas in the car in almost 4 weeks, I had no idea it was getting so high.
So here is what I am doing, Post a comment and tell me your city and state and how much you pay in gas, and I will add it to this Blog for everyone else to see.
The price of gas has really gotten out of control, and there is not a whole lot we can do about it. But there is one thing that we can all try. Hang up the car keys, and leave the car in the garage 1day a week, 2 if you can manage without it. It's good for your pockets and great for the environment. for every gallon of gas we use, we put 19 lbs of CO2 into the atmosphere.
So if we all drive 1 less day a week, we could make a huge impact on our environment, and maybe the gas companies might feel it too.
- Rexburg, Idaho $3.88
- Sacramento, CA $3.90
- Fort Worth, Texas $3.76
- Layton, Utah $3.77
5 comments:
Right on Terri! I love riding my bike too. however, work is far away and I'll have to get a tailor for my bike to haul all the meat my husband gets at the store. J/k, but we do seem to get a lot of groceries so it never works with the bikes. But we go ride bikes almost every day lately. It is fun to do as a family.
Oh yeah, gas here in Sacramento, CA is $390
I mean $3.90
Fort Worth, Tx $3.76
Layton, UT $3.77
All we have to say is that we are glad we are not living in Chicago, IL. They have the highest gas prices in the country ranging from $4.39 to $4.59 a gallon!
As of this morning, it is $4.04-the cheapest in our area! Darn you sacramento!
Post a Comment