I wanted to give everyone a quick update on how we're all doing. Kellen is doing just fine. He has been a little more clingy then he normally is, but I'm loving it. Sunday night Kellen climbed into bed with us twice. He brought a little blanket with him, climbed in, made himself comfortable and went to sleep. After he was asleep I would carry him back to bed.
I wash Kellen's stitches twice a day, and apply a type of neosporen every 4 hours. He has done a good job of leaving his stitches alone for the most part. When we showed Kellen what he looked like in the mirror he tried to get away, and didn't want to look. But now he is back to his normal self, of making faces and dancing...or something that looks like dancing. I wanted to post a picture of how bruised Kellen's eye got, but he wouldn't hold still. But just to give you an idea... it covered his eye lid like eye shadow would, and was so red I thought he broke a stitch and got it bleeding. But every time I took a closer look, all 5 were still in tacked. The red is fading now and is starting to turn yellow. Only 2 more days until the stitches come out.
Preston is doing great also. We really have no idea why he passed out. He said that at the hospital he hadn't been feeling good for about 5 or 6 minutes. So I really don't think Preston has a weak stomach, maybe just an empty one. After He got some food in him and a nap, he was feeling much better.
And as for me...I am doing better, now that Kellen is doing better.
I can't wait to have all of this behind us.
Something cute Kellen was doing at the hospital: The nurse was giving medical tape to Kellen to keep him occupied while we waited, and Kellen was trying to put it over his eye like a band-aid. It was so funny to watch. I didn't even know he new about the magic of a "Band-Aid".
4 comments:
It's funny how kids know more than we give them credit for. Sarah and Tyler show us that everyday. I am glad Kellen is doing better. Say Hi to Preston for us and give Kellen a big hug.
I am so glad that all of you are recovering. Kellen...that little cutie. He absolutely knew what that tape should be used for. Little smartie! :) I love him. I can't wait to play this summer.
So good to hear! I love your cute little family!
Holy cow! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that! It just seems like "when it rains, it pours". I'm glad you're all recovering well. What a tough boy Kellen is!
Post a Comment