Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Three's a crowd... or is it

Kellen climbed in bed with us again last night, I can't tell you how many times he has done that. I hear him crying in the other room, hoping that he is more asleep then awake, and that the only thing he really wants is his Binky. Thinking myself to be unlucky, all he wants is his mommy. I try to console him, and try to convince him to go back to sleep. With my futile efforts, the tears get bigger, and the cry becomes deafening. Finally I give in. I place Kellen between Preston and I, and climb back into bed. Kellen's arms reach around my neck, holding as tight as his tired little arms can. I place one arm around him and return his tight embrace. I whipped his tear streaked face with his blanket as we lay face to face with our noses touching. And it was then that I realised something. These moments are fleeting, my baby is nearly two, and some day he won't want to climb in bed with his mom any more. I laid there with Kellen, finding myself the luckiest person in the world. Yes I do get a few kicks to the gut in the middle of night, and barely get any sleep at all, but I wouldn't wish to be any where else. I am so thankful to be a mother, and I am so thankful for Kellen's sweet spirit. I laid there next to Kellen and watch him drift off to sleep like a little angle. I hope I can remember the feelings I had last night, and always be grateful for the times that Kellen wants to snuggle with his mommy.
I place this photo in tribute of the article above. Kellen and I snuggling after he got his stitches.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is one of those things that even though there are reasons we shouldn't let them in our beds....my goodness it sure is sweet to cuddle with them. I love those moments too! I'm so glad you are grateful to be a mom! We need more mom's like that in this world! Very sweet post!

Vanessa said...

That is one of those things that even though there are reasons we shouldn't let them in our beds....my goodness it sure is sweet to cuddle with them. I love those moments too! I'm so glad you are grateful to be a mom! We need more mom's like that in this world! Very sweet post!

Potters said...

Oh you make me want a little baby even more with your posts. He's so sweet, I need to see your little family! We will be in Utah on the 22nd and the 23rd. wink wink