Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Small trial

We took Kellen into see our doctor to get check out on Monday,(not a pediatrician) just to make sure all the falls that he's had haven't knocked something loose. The Dr did find a few things. Kellen Has ADHD (NO Surprise there) and Dyslexia, that one was a little bit of a shocker. 

We have a long road ahead of us but, I know that everything will work out. This is a small trial compared to some. I know this is the will of the Lord, and I can feel him blessing us already. The good part to all of this is that Kellen's ADHD and Dyslexia can be helped. Kellen has been seeing the Doctor for about 2 or 3 minutes every day (anymore then that and Kellen just looses it). He take a few drops a day of an herbal supplement to detox his body.  I give him a drop and then he makes a face and says, da's yuck! I tell him he needs one more and he will open his mouth for another one, and again he says da's yuck! It's really kind of cute. The other ones I sneak into his food. I will keep you posted with his progress.

May the Lord bless all of us who are going through trials right now.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

You're so amazing Terri. So strong and faithful. Thanks for being such a babe and such an example :) I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Love you!

Potters said...

I am so sorry that you are going through some tough times. Your boy is beautiful by the way, but I guess no child can be perfect so Heavenly Father had to throw some curve balls at ya, or it would be too easy, right? We need to see you guys! Stay strong girl, your amazing Ü