Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We have Internet finally


I have felt so lost without the Internet, and my blog. Is that crazy? Well anyway, we are finally all settled into our new place. We are excited to be living here, and Kellen likes this place much more then our apartment. It's not much bigger, but it allows him to explore more on his own, without me chasing after him and telling him what to do. The above photos are Kellen and I heading out the door to go swimming (in door pool). That is the entry of out new place and our new set of stares. The next Blog will have some more photos of our new place. 

Moving Fiasco
I know that I say this now, but I never want to move ever again! This has been the worst move thus far and here's why. When the ward came to help us move we were only partly ready. Only about half the house was packed up, but we had some great strong men that didn't care that much. While Preston was taking the first truck load over to the new place I broke Kellen's crib. Let me just say it again in case you read it to fast. I BROKE KELLEN'S CRIB! It was pretty old, and it kind of just fell apart when I was disassembling it. (It won't fit through the door all put together) And now is where you need to read very carefully. We tried to put Kellen's crib back together just for the night, so that he wouldn't be as stressed about a new place. Very big mistake. while Preston and I were doing that, Kellen fell down the stares (about 9pm). Keep in mind though that Kellen knows how to go up and down them very well, I think his foot just got caught in the carpet and caused him to fall. So.... Preston rushed out of the room, flew down the stares to a limp, not moving baby, contorted at the bottom of the stares. As soon as Preston picked Kellen up he stared to scream. Kellen had a bloody lip and a very pail face. I held him in my arms while Preston gave him a blessing. Kellen was not looking good at all,we debated about taking him to the ER. After an hour or so I gave him some crackers to help keep him awake (he was up past 11pm). I am pretty sure Kellen had a mild concussion, but was doing just fine by morning. It was very scary, but it reminds me how blessed I am to have the Priesthood in my home.

3 comments:

Van Duren Family said...

I am glad he is OK. I would have freaked out. Thank heavens for the priesthood!

Le Mama! said...

Amen! You wrote that with more ease than you probably felt. I would of freaked out too. Thank goodness all is ok now. That sounded like a scary moment.

Vanessa said...

Oh, poor little babe. Breaks my heart! But I'm glad he is okay! Did you get a new crib?