Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Snake River Snorkeling


River Snorkeling is Preston's new found joy. This is Preston and Cory's first attempt, on which many valuable lessons were learned. One being that it takes about an hour in 60 degree water to get mild hypothermia. By the time they made it back to the car, they were so cold, they could barley move. Since then, Preston has bought himself a wet suite and has enjoyed a few more trips down. He says it's beautiful, full of fish and sea grass. It's nice to see him find new things that he enjoys, especially things that we can do together. I have always loved the water, and have been blessed enough to go Scuba Diving and Snorkeling on many occasions, with friends and family. I hope to be able to share the joy I have for the water with my son when he's older.

2 comments:

Le Mama! said...

sounds fun! I love the water too.

Le Mama! said...

And I love the scuba bumb qoute at the top.