Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Friday, September 12, 2008

In loving Memory...


11 years ago today my brother Michael, and my sister Sandi died in a tragic car accident. A truck driver hit my sisters Van from behind, killing them both almost instantly. I by the tender mercy of the Lord, was some how saved, either by being thrown from the car to safety, or by the help of Angles them selves. (I don't remember the accident so I couldn't tell you)
I know the photo isn't a very good one, but it was all that I had. The memories that I have of them seem almost like a dream now, but a good dream at that. They were such an example to me of what a Christ like life should be. I love them dearly and I am proud to call them my family. I am proud to tell people all about them, and I proud that they have graduated from this life to the next. I am who I am today because of them. Overcoming this tragedy was hard but, not imposable.
I love you Sandi and Michael, and "I miss you like the Sun misses the flower".

8 comments:

Kevin Potter said...

Parents should never have to bury their children. I know this was difficult for all the family. Our hearts go out to you and your family.

Potters said...

I have heard wonderful stories about these two. Rich really loved them. And we love you and I myself am very grateful for those Angels who carried you to safety. It's comforting to know for a surety where they are. I only wish I could have known them before. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Potters said...

I can't believe it's been 11 years. I remember where I was and what I was doing 7 years ago on 9/11 and just as clearly remember where I was and what I was doing when I got the new 11 years ago on 9/12. If I had a favorite cousin it was definitely Mike. I think we're as closely related as you can be without being brothers. I miss him and Sandi. We’re blessed that Terri is still with us aren’t we Preston. Love you guys! -Rich

amber {and co.} said...

Wow has it been 11 years already? I still remember how this tragedy affected all of Camarillo Stake- everyone loves your family! I'm so glad you found my blog, its such a great way to keep in touch! Your little boy is such a cutie, and I love the name Kellen :) Keep us updated! Amber (Speakman :) Phillips

Jen said...

Wow I never knew that about you. That's really sad.

Mac and Alisa said...

Wow 11 years? I remember it like it was yesterday. They were both so amazing and caring. They will always be remembered and missed. We are definitely blessed to still have you.

denae said...

Sandi was my favorite part of living in California. My senior year was the best...probably because Sandi and I didn't have to go to school (I graduated early and she did home school), so after seminary we always did things together. I'll always remember the time we all went to the park late one night had a water balloon fight, climed palm trees, and rode a skateboard down a hill on our stomachs. We all posed for "crash" pictures with the skateboard. Good times, fun times. I love the Potters.

Plewe Fam said...

My eyes just tear looking at this photo. It is exactly how I remember each one of them. I was just in Camarillo and visiting my grandpa's grave right next to theirs and I always stop by when I'm there. Trials like this are such a strengthening experience in the end. You have become such a strong, incredible person Terri. A great mother and I'm glad I've been able to know you for so long.