We have a museum here that is always changing there exhibits. For the next 6 months they have the History of the RMS Titanic. April 14th 1912, 1800 people died, because of one mistake after another. I love the story of Titanic, and I was so excited for the Museum Exhibit. Preston got us a baby-sitter and everything. At the beginning of the tour they gave us each a name of a person that was on the Titanic, and then at the end of the tour, we go to check a list of names to see if we lived or died. Fortune, both of us lived. I would highly recommend the book "A Night to Remember"It's a compiled account of those that survived, there is so much stuff in there that I had no idea happened. For Instance did you know that there was a Ship called the Californian that pretty much watched Titanic sink! so yeah good book. and then they made a movie of the book, given the same title. I am dieing to see this movie, they do such a good job finding actors that look just like the actually person. For instance, the unsinkable Molly Brown, Mr Andrew, Captain Smith, and Isma. Captain Smith was going to retire after the Titanic's Madden Voyage. And Isma suffered public mockery for the rest of his life.
3 comments:
That sounds so cool! I too am fascinated with the Titanic story. I'll have to check out that book.
Titanic sounded awesome! How are you guys? We are coming to Rexburg July 8-13th, will you be in town? More importantly do you have a tent we can borrow? Family reunion in grandparents front yard, we are camping, I dont want to carry a tent on the plane. Love you. email me acgifford@yahoo.com
I studied every book about the Titanic since I was like 9. Its so interesting. We are hoping to drive up to the exhibit this summer actually because I saw a sign for it here in Salt Lake. Im so excited! And thanks to your post, I know it will be a great day! :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment