Ok so I tried to upload photos, but it just wouldn't work. sorry. Today Kellen turned 3!!! We had a lot of fun, and Kellen really seemed to understand that today was a special day. We opened presents first thing this morning, and played most of the day with Clone Wars stuff. We didn't have a party or any friends over, because I didn't want Kellen to get overwhelmed, but we did do a small play date yesterday. For dinner we had a yummy Gluten Free Pizza (it really was yummy) and Kellen LOVED it. For Kellen's Birth Day cake we did Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Waffles. So so good!! All you do, is mix up a cake mix (any cake mix) and make waffles out of them. Top with ice cream and chocolate syrup. We left out the Chocolate syrup. But I highly recommend you try them. The best part, is we don't have a bunch of left over cake and frosting. I froze the rest of the waffles, so we can just grab one out as needed. Kellen loved having us sing him the birthday song, and this was the first time he blew out his candles. On his second birthday, he still didn't know what do do really, so this one was a lot more fun for all of us.
We also started to introduce Kellen to the big boy potty today. Not quit potty training yet, just starting to create a routine. I am so proud of him, he peed in the potty 3 times today!!! he really likes the excitement I give him when he goes. I am not entirely sure if he is ready for potty training, because i am not sure he understands to only go, in the potty. And he just barely started to come to me, last week, to tell me he was messy (if you know what I mean, when I say messy) So we are going to take it nice and slow, and see how he does.
And in other news... Kellen is starting to talk a little. Just a few basic words, I would have to say though that Sign Language is still his primary language. He will say Momma, if I ask him to, Da (Dad), mo (more), no, OK, pood (food) along with a few others. Sorry it has been forever since I have posted anything, but nothing new is going on really. We are all just hanging out, and enjoying the stage of life we are in. I will try to be a better blogger. I think I might blog more about things that I find interesting.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Kellen! Your mommy is SUPER!
3 years already! I can't believe it! I'm going to have to try those waffles! They sound great. Happy Birthday Kellen!
happy birthday to your little guy!! Time sure flies huh:)
Awww Happy Birthday Kellen....even if we are a day late. He is such a sweet heart.
Happy Birthday Kellen! Yay for trying the potty. Ofa is still in dipars too. He knows what he is suposed to do but doesn't want to. when he does have regular undies on...he pees on the floor then uses something like my clothes or nice towel to wipe it up and thats usually why I can't figure out where he is peeing till its too late. I think we are a ways away too. I'm not going to pressure him but it would be nice to get him out of dipars during the day!
Hooray kellen!! It is so fun when they realize their birthday is actually a special day just for them. And I've got to see pictures of these star wars toys that are so captivating. Patience and timing are the best bits of advice for potty training - The worst thing you could do is rush it because it's just more cleanup, hassle and stress for you and the little one. He is such a cutie pie, can't wait to see pictures.
Happy Birthday Kellen! I can't believe how big he is getting!
Post a Comment