Well this week defiantly started out a little rough and emotional, probably more so then normal because of pregnancy hormones. But we are ending the week on a good note. Preston and I completely redid Kellen's schedule, because he was having a hard time adjusting to no more school. It has been working out amazingly, he fought me a little at the beginning, but today he is just going right into the next thing, and he knows what is coming next. We do the same thing every day at the exact same time. My favorite part of our new schedule is that I get one whole hour to my self to sit and rest and take a nap if I want, and Kellen gets locked in his room and plays by himself. Its not mean, I was told I could lock him in his room by the school therapist. So from 12:30-1:30 don't bug me. Kellen is getting more time to play outside and is sleeping better. He is actually starting to sleep though the night for the first time. He is down to waking up about 1 time in a 7 day period. So I am starting to have more energy which is nice. We got a baby sitter for tonight so we could go out and celebrate Preston's Birthday (Birthday is on Sunday). And the girl that is coming is Kellen's shadow teacher from school, so they should have a lot of fun, and Kellen should do really good for her. Preston also took his last PRAXIS exam today. So glad to have that behind us and such a weight lifted off Preston's shoulders. The praxis test is a test that every teacher has to take once. If you don't pass you can't be a teacher. The better you do, the more teaching opportunities you will be offered. Preston has already taken one and did great on it, this is his last one. So anyway there is a lot less stress in the house, and Kellen is doing really good this week, we'll just have to wait and see how Sunday goes.
If anyone wants any ideas for a schedule for you kids let me know, and I will share what Kellen's is. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
1 comment:
i'm so glad that things are running smoother! can't wait for the end of the semester, that way we can feel that stress lift away too!
Post a Comment