I will warn you now, the photos at the bottom of the page are not as pretty as the one above. So for those of you that do not have strong stomachs, you might want to for-go looking at them. They say a picture says a thousand words, if that is true then that is a thousands words I don't have to. Today was pretty traumatic for all of us; an experience I hope I never have to go through again-and one I would never wish on anyone. It's very late right now, and I am very tired, but I wanted to get these photos up tonight. So, I will give you the cliff-notes version of today's events. It was another cold day today, too cold to take Kellen outside to play; so I took him to our Pool. Kellen slipped on some water that had been splashed out of the pool, fell face first into the edge of the pool and then back into the water. After getting Kellen out of the water, I rapped him in his towel and ran home with him. I called Preston as soon as I got into the house, and just prayed that he wasn't already in the Testing Center at school. If he was I don't know who I would have called, I don't really know that many people here. I told Preston that Kellen had fallen and that he needed to come home and take us to the ER. Shortly after getting there the Doctor examined Kellen and told us that he would need stitches. I remember thinking to myself, "There is no way they are ever going to get my boy to hold still long enough to put stitches in him." While the Doctor was explaining our options to us; telling us we could hold Kellen down or sedate him, Preston mentioned he didn't feel good. Both the Dr. and I turn to look at Preston's very pail face. Then I hear the dreaded words "I'm going to pass out". And Preston never lies. At this point, Preston is now hooked up to a bunch of monitors, whiter than a ghost, and I have a baby that still needs stitches. In conclusion, I guest you could say we all had our own trials. No one but the Lord to help get us through. Preston was all alone in his Hospital bed listening to the screams of his little boy. I was all alone having to hold my sons legs down so that he wouldn't move. And I am sure that Kellen felt more alone than both of us. But yet, the Lord gives us strength so we can make it through our darkest hours. I know that the Lord was with each one of us, giving us the strength we needed. Kellen was such a trooper, and I am so proud of him.
These next photos are close ups of his stitches, he got 5.
Kellen was fast asleep before we even left the Hospital
5 comments:
Oh Terri I am so sorry to hear that happened. I am glad you guys are okay now. Seems like everyone we know is going through some hard times. Hang in there you are doing great.
Wow, poor little guy. is his eye going to be ok? And how is Preston? I think my husband might of done the same thing. He almost passed out when I was giving birth. Your such a strong mother and wife. Usually it falls on us to be the really strong ones and there are days I don't know how I made it. Ever since becoming a mother I have noticed that there are things that I would of passed out at or had a nervous break down in the past. Motherhood makes us soo much stronger. I hope that everthing is ok with your boys.
Terri....wow...I am so glad you guys made it through Saturday. I am so sorry my phone was having terrible reception. I love you. You are such a strong women. I'm thankful Heavenly Father stretched forth his hand to help you make it through without any other complications. I love you. Kiss Kellen from aunt Jessica. I wish I was there with you. Tell Preston I have been praying for all of you guys. We love you.
Oh man, yeah I wouldn't wish that upon anyone either! As a nurse, I can stomach quite a bit but when it come to my daughter, I can't handle much. It must have been exhausting for you to watch your little man go through that and knowing you couldn't do anything. You knew that he had to get the stitches for his own good but he had no clue. He'll thank you later. Mothers... I'm telling you, we are the rocks in our families. Take Care and hang in there!
Oh my goodness, Terri!
That story broke my heart. I hate seeing my babies in pain and scared. And then to have your husband pass out too. Wow, what a story. I'm just so glad you are all okay. That picture of him sleeping makes me want to kiss the poor babe.
Post a Comment