This was our first camping trip of the season and the best word to describe it would probably be, "interesting". We had a lot of fun trying out all our new gear (camping stove, chairs & camping cook set). It got colder then we expected it would, so Kellen ended up sleeping in my bag. Not very fun for me, but very warm for him. Kellen absolutely loved to be outside, and because of that we were constantly having to run after him, trying to get him to stay in camp.
The only way we could keep Kellen in one place was to strap him to his booster seat. He didn't like it much, but it gave Preston & I the time we needed to take down camp.
Kellen spent most of the time on Preston's back, And sadly enough that white rock formation to the right of the photo used to be beautiful. I don't know what's going on, but most of Yellow Stones most beautiful attractions are all dried up. This area is called Mammoth, and has a board-walk that takes about 2 hours. A long that board-walk all we say was a little bit of steam.
I remember this spot from when I was younger. My parents would take us her on vacation. There is supposed to be a flowing cascade of water, and the rock is normally a beautiful orange/red and brown color. The sky fills with steam, and the smell of rotten eggs over powers you. Not any more.
Despite all the frustration & tantrums we may have had, we still had so much fun, and consider the trip a success. We'll probably go camping again soon.
6 comments:
How Fun! We went camping only once with ofa and thank goodness he wasn't walking yet. I think we'll wait a little longer before we attempt to take a two year old. I love camping! yay for you guys!
Hey Guys,
Looks like ya'll had fun. love you guys. Michelle
You guys are my hero's! I love seeing your family. Thanks for all the new pictures! I wish would could have been there with ya.
How fun, except the chasing after Kellen part! Jonah would do the same thing if I took him camping! It's great he is having all these fun experiences already! What great parents you guys are!
How sad! What happened to the beautiful yellowstone we once knew and loved? I wonder if the backcountry is all dried out and polluted as well? Darn you global warming! I must go before it whithers away completely...
Fun sauce (despite all the pretty stuff going missing)! At least you got to be outdoors with the family. That is always good times :)
Post a Comment