Most power companies have a program call "On Peak--Off Peak". Just like your cell phone. For example... "On Peak" hour are from 8am--11pm (based on seasons & location) and we pay $0.10 a kwl. "Off Peak" hours are from 11pm-8am M-F,weekends & Holidays, and we pay only $.04 a kwl. It my sound like ridiculous hours, but what about that heater/AC the runs all night long, what if you started the dishwasher right before you went to bed, or first thing in the morning. Or tried to do most of the laundry on the weekend. And what about Holidays when the family comes to visit, you would be paying only a fraction of what you normally pay. Since we have switched to "On Peak--Off Peak" we have cut our Power Bill by more then half. And we haven't had to make dramatic changes in the way we do things.
Just thought everyone should know, you don't have to pay as much for energy as you think. But do keep in mind every city, state, and company does it differently, so be sure to ask a lot a questions when you call. You don't want your "On Peak" hour rate to be higher then the norm.
Good Luck.
3 comments:
Could you email me your address? I would like to send you an announcement when Lucy finally arrives. Email me at diannacrest@gmail.com
Great advice! And yes I remember you - how could I forget you!! Youre family is so cute. I cant wait til my little guy is here. I take it you are still into scuba? I wondered whatever happened to you - it seemed like you just disappeared! ha But now I know where you are, in Idaho!!
I had totally forgotten about that program! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment