Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Just another day

Well I guess its time to make a new post, although I don't have anything to say really, and I don't have any photos. Christmas was a lot of fun, we spent it in Sacramento with Preston's Family. It was nice to get away from the snow and enjoy the rain... wait a minute, that doesn't sound right. Unfortunately we forgot to bring the camera charger so I don't have more then a few photos and none of them are very good. Coming home was a bit of a shocker. We arrived at 1 am and had to shovel our way through the snow to get to the door, it was a little crazy. Your thought processes at 1 in the morning is, "lets just get home, and we'll take care of unpacking the car in the morning." Well... when I opened the door from the garage to the back yard, that leads to the back door, I was greeted with 3 feet of snow, maybe even 3 1/2. All I could do was laugh. "Are you kidding me." Preston came through the front of the house and came to the back door to help Kellen and I, and saw me standing there Laughing, "I can't get through, It's to deep!" So in the end Preston shoveled it for me, and we eventually made it into the house. Come to find out latter, that our neighbors were tempted to jump the fence and shovel it for us, but they thought that might be a little intrusive. The snow eventually stopped coming, but not for long. Why does Rexburg get so much snow? Any way.
New Years was like any other day for us, sad I know. but we did make it till midnight, thanks to Kellen, and a little Seinfield. Kellen has been having trouble sleeping so we were up with him till 10pm trying to get him to go to sleep. We were going to go to bed right then, but Preston turned on the Lap Top and got distracted with Jerry Seinfield stand up, Thus keeping us up laughing in the new year. I think I am getting old and boring, Dang!
2008 was a good year, nothing really spectacular happened, and nothing really tragic, well... Kellen did get his first set of stitches, and we did move AGAIN, and then Kellen fell down the stairs our first night, oh and I competed in a Triathlon for the first time, so I guess there are a few not worthy events, but other then that nothing comes to mind. We got to spend the year with each other and watch Kellen grow. The year did have a few speed bumps, but that is just life, am I right. In the end I feel more blessed then ever.
I am excited for 2009 and a little curious to see what the Lord has in store for my family. I know it will be a busy year, I can tell you that much. Preston starts school on Wednesday, and will go non stop through the year, into December. It will be good though, because then he will be done with his undergrad work, and we can move on. Move on to what? you ask. To more schooling of course... Yeah!  I hope the Lord will bless you this coming year as much as he blessed us in 2008.


3 comments:

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Totally know how you're feeling. And don't worry, WE were more boring than you guys on New years... we went to bed at 10. I mean I did have to work and all but hey... at least you made it to 12! And yeah, I think we're all alittle anxious to see what's in store for 2009!

denae said...

Glad to hear you made it home alright. I was going to write..I made it to midnight on new years eve, but by myself...and then I thought, that's kind of depressing...and then I thought, I'm not depressed, so I guess it's alright to write it. Anyway...I'm doing great and my mom is still very tired, but still truckin'. She had another MRI, but there hadn't been any changes. The doctors are stumped.

amber {and co.} said...

oh the joys of living in snow! blah! I'm excited to see what 2009 has in store for you too, I love keeping up with your cute little family!