Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nike+

I am not much of a runner but I LOVE logging things, don't ask me why I just do. For Christmas Preston got a pair of Nike+ running shoes and censor wrist band. Not sure what that is, well I'll tell you. The Nike+ running shoes have a special built in compartment for this nifty little device shown bellow. It is a censor that tracks how far, and how fast you did your run/walk. The other little device is the receiver that logs all the data. It plugs into your ipod. 
Nike+ Plus <span class=
After your workout you plug the receiver into your computer and go to the nike web page, all that data is then displayed in an oh so organized fashion. It is awesome! The Nike+ system works with Ipod, ITouch, & the Nano. You can keep track of all your workouts, and track your progress, use the Nike+ Coach to train for 5k,10k... you get the point.
Well, I just ordered my first pair of Nike+ Shoes and I am really looking forward to trying them out. I really think this will help me get a workout in every few days, because like I said I LOVE to log things, and see progress. It wasn't that big of investment for me because I already have an ITouch (a surprise gift I got from Preston) 

Here is a fun commercial for the Nike+ System, It will give you a little bit of a better idea then I can. This is a must have for all those that like to walk, jog, or run... or like to log things. Enjoy

2 comments:

Shaun said...

Shaun and I think this is pretty neat! We've looked them up and think they are a great deal. We were wondering, do you know if we can put the Nike sensor into any shoe or do we need to have Nike+ shoes that have the pocket built in? We miss you guys!

amber {and co.} said...

Sweet! That would definitely give me a little more motivation for working out- let us know how you like it and if it's worth it!!