Kellen is home sick today from church so I thought I would take this time to do some Bloggin.
Little Projects: These photos below are Kellen's new play room. The space under the stairs was storage, then we turned it to a food storage closet, and now it's a room for Kellen. He likes tight places, so he loves to go in there and close the door. I'm going to paint it a fun color for him. White walls lack that creative feel, so I will post photos again when it's painted. If you guys have any color ideas for me let me know.
In and to the right.
This shelf is for all of Kellen's craft, and paint supplies.
Right Under the Shelf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another Little Project: I have been working on Kellen's dresser for about a year now. It's taking me so long because I only do a little at a time. He also has a matching night stand that I haven't even started on yet. I have been working on them a lot more lately, I am hopping to have them done before the end of summer.
This is what the Blue look like.
The Brown looks more like this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June 13th Preston's Birth Day: Preston turned 29!!! He was pretty excited, but can't wait to turn 30. We had a fun day. Preston's Mom and brother Cameron came out to celebrate with us. We started the day off with a delightful breakfast of French toast with the works, Turkey Bacon, Sausage, and Simply Orange. It was all so so good. Then we did presents. By far most favorite presents where his Toms Shoes, and His wallet. We got rained on pretty bad all day so the only thing we had time for was the farmers market. The rest of the day was spent inside.
Cheesecake yum!
Mom & Preston
Cameron & Mom
Kellen eye balling the Cheesecake, He LOVED it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other points of interest: Preston has had Mono for a few weeks now, and I am hoping that he is just about done with it. I am still Mono free, for the time being, and Kellen just has a cold.
We have been doing lots a yard work, and we just finished a BIG part of it last night, I will post photos as soon as I take some. Unfortunately I didn't take before and after photos, sorry.
We've been watching Lost almost every single night, just 1 or 2 episodes at a time. I am loving it. We are on season 4 episode 3. You can watch them all from the beginning on Hulu.
Kellen's school is going really, really good. They finally got him to sit with the class! Sitting is one the hardest things for Kellen to do. The class only sits for about 8-10 minutes, but Kellen just runs around and the teachers chase him (they are trying to grab him to bring him over to the group) But they finally took my advise of sitting him on a ball. And it worked fantastically. So when he gets antsy he can bounce on it.
That about brings you up to speed. I will try to post more often.
2 comments:
love the dresser project! I love seeing things that are original:) Good luck to you cuz I know it's hard to find time for stuff like that;). Also like your organized play room for your little guy:). I wish I had a space under the stairs..but, alas, no stair:( . Hope you are well!
Looks like a fun room! He probably loves that! As far as a color, I would say a light blue or light yellow since it's a small space (darker would make it feel smaller). Glad you guys are doing well!!
Post a Comment