Autism Awareness Month

April is Autism awareness month, so I will be posting about Autism and how it has changed our lives.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

My new found Joy!


I bought a book awhile back that had some really great patterns. Here are just a couple. The first two found a wonderful home with my friend Stephanie.


These other pairs I am still holding on to, trying to find them a good home. I am learning a lot about sewing, and feel pretty confident with most patterns, But I have learned one thing about myself, I'm getting really crafty, but NOT at all creative. So that is my next goal. I need to think out side the box a little bit more. As you can see from all the shoes photoed above, they are well put together, but they lack that personal flair.


10 comments:

Elena said...

I think they all look great. Good job.

Potters said...

Oh they look awesome! I am very impressed, I think I might need to start up sewing again. Just need a sewing machine...anyway I think I might want a pair of those cute shoes!

Natalie said...

These are really cute! I can't believe how big Kellen is getting, we love the pictures of him on the toilet!

denae said...

This should get your creativity rolling...try making a pair for a boy!

Stefanie Sayre said...

i love my little booties made by the great and wonderful you!

Jen said...

Those are so cute! I need a sewing machine so I can pretend to be as cool as you!

katy broughton said...

whoever said 'creative' = making things up entirely on your own was entirely off the mark. (because that would mean i am not nearly as creative as i would like to think i am). i see nothing wrong with stealing other people's ideas and creating amazingly adorable things. but i have complete confidence in your ability to come up with your own 'personal flair' as you call it. i'm pretty sure you may have already found it without even realizing it. love you!!!

Kelly and Tyler said...

I LOVE these! What pattern/book did you use?

Terri Lindsay said...

Hey Kelly, I didn't know you had my blog! small world, or just small Ward. The book is called Sweet Booties, I got it from Porters. But last I heard they were sold out. So check online. It's the book with the little girl walking away and you see her frilly little bum. Or just call me, and I will photo copy the pattern for you.

Kelly and Tyler said...

Yes I want the pattern. We should sew together!!!