One things that Kellen is so good at that it shocks me sometimes is Puzzles. He does some puzzles that I have a hard time putting back together, and he does them so fast that it's almost not worth the $8-$9 I spent on it. A few months ago one of Kellen teachers gave him a File Folder Game. She said that he loves File folder games and that she made this one for him to keep. So I went home and got online and printed off a few more game for him to do, and then a Friend of mine gave me like 5 more games. Kellen and I are having so much fun with them.
Here is a link to one good page were you can print off the pages, then you cut them out and glue them in a file folder. I like to laminate the folder and the loose pieces, so that it will last longer. I also use Velcro to make sure the matching pieces stay together, Kellen like it to. So far we have 3 Color matching games, 1 Size matching game, and 5 Shape matching games. There is a number game that I think I will make next. There is a good Alphabet game for older Toddlers, it's just a little hard for Kellen. They have other games for older kids to, to help them with math and science. I like to look at the games by grade.
What you will need:
- File Folder
- Glue
- Laminating Paper or Box Tape (I use box tape)
- Scissors
- Velcro (sticky)
Here is another link I just found today that I am really excited about. Kellen needs lots of repetition so I did a search for flash cards. I didn't feel like going out and buying them. There are quite a few sets I want to print. It's always fun to get what you want for free.
I hope you guys enjoy the links, and have some fun making games for your kids.
2 comments:
Thank you for this. I know...Ofa is so good at puzzles too. He amazes me all the time at what he can do. However he still struggles with so much else. I thought puzzles would be hard for him but apparently not. Thanks for the info.
Thanks for sharing! I have been wanting to make some of these for Bentley but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll have to try some!
Post a Comment